The doing... and the completing...

I find it so much more interesting planning something than actually doing it... and I find that if in the process of the 'doing' I get sidetracked starting something else... well... the 'to do' list then just never really has things crossed off it... it just grows ever longer... and the length of it can get so overwhelming that you don't even know where to begin!  So I decided this year, in amongst all the 'requests' from the kids (Pip's double bed remember?) and needful things (like taking up new winter school trousers in readiness for the colder months), I needed to not just 'do' but to also 'complete'.  Then at least the house won't be cluttered with unfinished projects...
The front porch before...

I finally got around to hanging that plywood cutout... and moved the variegated Mondo to flank either side of it

Which meant that there were no plants next to the bench.  So I moved the climbing Mandevilla from the backyard (you can just see it in front of the old chicken coop - Here).  I had to divide it into 2 plants - not sure if it was a good idea but I'm hoping that I didn't do too much damage and they'd survive.  I think the stakes are too high - I might shorten them - not completely sure yet...

Moved the Liriope to the other side of the front door to balance it out a bit - there were no plants there before...

The final look...


Comments