To Be Planted...


aloe vera plant - a gift from my mother-in-law (cutting from her garden), Tahitian lime - grafted lovingly by a horticulturalist friend from church (yes it has the dreaded citrus leaf miner but he tells me to let the new leaves show signs of life before taking the old diseased leaves off), white mulberry tree - ebay purchase which I never got to plant out (tsk tsk) because it means having to dig up front lawn but it's starting to look sad confined in the pot so I better get cracking.

I'm told autumn is the best time to be planting out trees/plants because the soil is still quite warm and it's cooling down so it gives the new plants a chance to establish some root system before going into dormancy in winter and then springing back to life again in well...spring of course.

Comments